April 14, 2009

Easters Past

Easter to a girl mom means pretty outfits, mostly dresses - of course, matching in the early days (Megan & Kenna, 1987):
Easter also used to mean professional portraits - JC Penneys, Sear, Olan Mills . (Kenna's 1st Easter picture):
Marah's intense fear of portrait studios ended that tradition so Russell became our official photographer (1992 Logan, UT):
And when I grew tired of all the hand-me-downs for Marah being exactly the same outfits as the one she outgrew, the tradition of matching clothes ended (Bethany's 1st Easter - 1995):
Some years we still tried to have a color scheme:
(2001 Marah & Bethany)
And other years, I was outvoted!The Easter Bunny never left baby chicks, but we seemed to have animals in many of our Easter pictures (Aunt Pam's kittens - we adopted one, "prozac" Addy) Richmond, UT 1996: (Callie's 1st Easter 2000)

Dying eggs was always part of our Easter celebration. For many years no one would eat their beautiful creations. Usually there were tearful farewells when I had to throw out the eggs because they had began to smell like Yellowstone geysers:
Grandma Danice hosted an Easter egg hunt on Saturday for the grandkids. She taught us to separate the Easter bunny/spring celebration from Sunday's Easter worship:
The hunt wasn't quite as exciting when it was just our four girls after we moved to Tucson...
Some Easters are cold: April in Tucson!
And others are warm: Aunt Lori's:
It's been six years since we celebrated Easter all together - "tear, tear" as Bethany would say... 2003 - Megan's senior year (and in her prom dress). Prom was also Easter weekend.
At least we have four more Easters to torture Bethany! "tear, tear" She loves dying eggs and eggs hunts ALL BY HERSELF! At least Russell and I enjoy it...

1 comments:

Megan and Jonny said...

I look like the Crocodile Hunter in that vest outfit. What in the world was I thinking?