Bethany has mixed emotions when it comes to having older sisters. Either she loves them:
Or they annoy and smother her:
There are benefits to having older sisters. When Marah came home for Christmas, her first night home was "girls night" with Bethany. They made Christmas cookies - lots of them. Marah even cleaned up afterwards! I LOVE college students!
Bethany decided she wanted to paint her bedroom. Russell still certain that white walls are best, gritted his teeth and gave approval. Megan's room is still white since she left for college before the younger ones wore down their father. Kenna's bedroom is yellow:
Marah's raspberry:
and Bethany wanted her bedroom to be gray, purple and black - BLACK? Russell grudgingly approved, but he's certainly not willing to participate in desecrating his white walls.
Gratefully, Kenna has lots of painting experience. Last Christmas she painted accent walls downstairs as my gift - with some help from Mojo... She talked Bethany into an accent wall using the most neutral color of her color scheme.
So Marah (she painted her raspberry room) and Kenna helped Beth tape and paint the accent wall. A month later, Beth's room still looks like this...
Another benefit of having older sisters is that you have more than one bedroom to sleep in when your room is a disaster... Hopefully soon, she'll finish 'deep cleaning' so the room will be ready for the new bedding and drapes she wants for her birthday. Bethany blames Kenna for the pile of clothes on her floor. She says they were washed and neatly stacked until Kenna was searching for a jacket to wear on a date. Congratulations Beth! You are now old enough for your sisters to borrow/steal clothes from!!! Is that a benefit or a disadvantage???
2 comments:
yeah... i would just like to take the blame off of myself for bethany's mess. She is just trying to get out of cleaning it. They were in NO WAY neatly stacked in her closet!!!! try waded up and shoved into any corner she could find in the closet. And I was not looking for a jacket, I was trying to find a black skirt to wear to church. Which it was not my fault that I only brought church clothing for only one sunday, since I was only supposed to be there one sunday. oh and I asked bethany to find it for me, but she wouldn't. I left her clothes in the same way I found them, just outside of the closet instead of inside. AND I told her to put them away cuz it was disgusting, AND it was only two baskets of clothing... definitely not my mess seen in the picture...
Another benefit of being the only one home - no one can give rebuttals when they are blamed!
Post a Comment