January 16, 2009

Odds & Ends

Favorite birthday gag gift - Lori found it. In case you have 'old eyes' like me, it says, "In dog years, I'm dead."I was very spoiled this Christmas - lots of decorating/scrapbook surprises, but this was the most unexpected!

Favorite picture of the new 2nd counselor after his 1st Sunday...

Bittersweet reminder that children grow quickly! High school best friends 'the Megans' both home for Thanksgiving.
Favorite Christmas card - if you have cats, you'll understand:
Reminder that a new year has begun and once again, I'm already behind... Yes, this was taken Jan. 10th and it took another 3 days to successfully pack it all into the boxes it came out of - never fits - even though we only got half out this year.
More bittersweet reminders that I'm too close to empty-nester years...
Marah & Kenna are back in Provo for another fun-filled semester!
In Maryland, 'Serious' Seth got a haircut - and his mean parents took away his binkie... Now he really looks serious!
And my baby doesn't look like a little girl any more... Bethany's wearing one of Marah's formals - had to dress 'formally' for a 8th grade field trip to a play.

This is my happy face! I am remembering that New Year resolution, "Don't procrastinate" Haha! Company is coming for dinner in less than five hours, and what am I doing? Cleaning, showering, cooking - of course not. Blogging. Great way to procrastinate - also easy to rationalize as 'journal keeping'.

1 comments:

Brian and Kenna said...

mommy you put most unexcited for the trip to see seth... i am guessing you meant unexpected or excited... :-)