All great adventures must come to an end. We did take the long way to the Oakland airport and spent a few hours walking through Muir Woods.
I love redwoods! Bought back great memories of family explorations during my elementary school years.
We spent as much time watching the fawn as we did the trees!
We didn't find the redwood that we remembered driving through as children, but we did find this unique one!
We got some questioning looks when this picture was taken... 
I love redwoods! Bought back great memories of family explorations during my elementary school years.
We spent as much time watching the fawn as we did the trees!
We didn't find the redwood that we remembered driving through as children, but we did find this unique one!
We got some questioning looks when this picture was taken... 
Our adventure coincided with the first days of same-sex marriages in CA ... After a good laugh, we opted for individual photos!
We forced/bribed Kenna to take this shot - so reminiscent of an earlier photo of her in W. Yellowstone (in her teen years, she removed it from our 'wall of fame' each time her friends came over...)
In the W. Yellowstone picture, Kenna imitated the bear's expression - it's one of my favs!!! I'll scan and add it...
After several 'lost' phone calls to my parents, we made a quick stop (30 seconds) to take this photo - another favorite childhood memory. When we were little, we attended church in the stake center next to the temple. I remember spending quite a bit of the church service wandering the gorgeous temple grounds with my dad so mom could enjoy it without wiggly children!
Marah and I flew home, but Lori and Kenna had two more days of exploring!
0 comments:
Post a Comment