October 18, 2008

The Mikesell Grads

Marah is the only child to celebrate a graduation since my blogging began, so I thought I'd document past graduations... I'll begin with graduations that all four daughters have achieved.


PRESCHOOL (4 girls from 4 different preschools):Bethany from Donaldson preschool (Tucson, AZ):
Marah from Imagination Station (No. Logan, UT) - Marah on bottom left:
Kenna from Joy School (Logan, UT):
Megan from Miss Linda's preschool (Escondido, CA):

KINDERGARTEN (Kenna & Marah had the same teacher):
Bethany from Copper Creek Elementary (Tucson, AZ):
Marah from No. Park Elementary (No. Logan, UT):
Kenna from No. Park Elementary (No. Logan, UT):
Megan from Sunset Elementary (Sunset, UT) - same as her father, even had the same teacher - 28 years apart.

ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (all but Meg graduated from Copper Creek):
Bethany from Copper Creek Elementary (Tucson, AZ) :
Marah from Copper Creek Elementary (Tucson, AZ):
Kenna from Copper Creek Elementary (Tucson, AZ):
Megan from Greenville Elementary (No. Logan, UT):

MIDDLE SCHOOL (next May, Bethany will also graduate from Wilson, making it the only school that all four girls have graduated from): Marah from Wilson K-8 (Tucson, AZ):
Kenna from Wilson K-8 (Tucson, AZ):
Megan from Wilson K-8 (Tucson, AZ):

SEMINARY (finally an achievement that Russell and I also had graduation ceremonies for! Did they even have preschool in the 60s? They did have kindergarten, elementary school and middle school/jr. high graduations - nope!)
Marah from Ironwood Seminary (Tucson, AZ):
Kenna from Sky View Seminary (Smithfield, UT): Megan from Canyon Del Oro Seminary (Tucson, AZ):

Cathy from Las Vegas 36th Ward Seminary (Las Vegas, NV):Russell from Clearfield Seminary (Clearfield, UT) - youngest grad ever? No, just a cute baby picture because he doesn't have a photo from this momentous occasion.

HIGH SCHOOL: Marah from Ironwood Ridge (Tucson, AZ) - 2008:
Kenna from Sky View (Smithfield, UT) - 2005:Megan from Canyon Del Oro (Tucson, AZ) - 2003:
Cathy from Western (Las Vegas, NV) - 1978:Russell from Clearfield (Clearfield, UT) - 1976:

COLLEGE:
Megan from Brigham Young University (BA, English) - 2006: Cathy from Brigham Young University (BS, FFP) - 1983:
Russell from Brigham Young University (BS, EET) - 1985:
GRADUATE DEGREES:
Technically, Jon is not a Mikesell, but after he married one, he earned a MSBA from Texas A&M - 2006. (He also graduated from BYU - BS in ChemEng 2005)
Dr. Russell from Utah State University (Logan, UT) - PhD EE - 1995:
THAT'S ALL FOR NOW - until Bethany's middle school graduation in May!

2 comments:

Megan and Jonny said...

I loved this post! So fun!

Seth loved it, too. He's squealing here on the floor next to me.

Kari said...

I love all the pictures from the past especially the ones in the 80's. I can relate...I graduated from high school in 86! You've got to love the big hair days.