Summer bought many goodbyes and 'lasts' for Marah. It began in May with Senior Honors Night and an unexpected scholarship from Student Government for service as Jr. Treasurer and then Student Body VP.

And all the 'last' seminary activities:
Graduating with 'honors' from seminary - despite MANY tardies - whew! Thank you Sister Summerhays!!!
Marah and her best friend Kelsey volunteered in Mrs. Flannery's 4th grade class for two years.
Marah and her best friend Kelsey volunteered in Mrs. Flannery's 4th grade class for two years. 
Followed by "Grad Night"activities at the school until 5 am:
Marah had two graduation trips - spoiled... My parents donated free flights to send her to visit Megan & Jon (in March before Meg was too pregnant). They toured NYC and Washington DC.
In June, Aunt Lori, Marah and I toured the coastline in a convertible (we stayed in Big Sur just days before the huge fire). Kenna flew in after finals and toured San Fran with us. We called it Marah's graduation trip, but actually Lori was saving me from being in charge of YW camp again!
Most family celebrations and farewells include dinner at Macayos. Of course, that's where we celebrated Marah and Kenna's last night at home:
Marah's final farewell was to her canine roommates before hugging Beth goodbye and hopping into the truck with Kenna and Russell for the long drive to Provo!
Farewell our Marah! We miss your early morning scowls, the 'dumb mom' look when I ask too many questions, the "what's for dinner" game, piles on your bedroom floor, the nightly 'hug' fights with Beth after scripture & prayer, the "let's play a game" or "let's watch a movie" or even better "let's make cookies" requests on long Sunday afternoons!
I know you're all 'growed ' up, but this will always be how I always remember you.


So Squishy Fish, go conquer the world (at least Timp this weekend with Kenna)!

2 comments:
Okay, way to cue the new mommy tears! I think that's how all of us will remember Marnah...
I have to say Hi to the Mikesells. I found your St. Patrick's Day card and now I can see the great pics of your family. Wow!! I can't believe Marah is all grown up and you guys are Grandparents. Congratulations!! Life really is moving way to fast. We miss you all.
Post a Comment