April 1, 2008

Bonding with Bethany



Two summers ago, Bethany had a week alone with Russell and I in Utah. Russell nicknamed that time, "Bonding with Bethany". We tried to think of exciting adventures and places to visit, but BORING was Beth's description of that week... Now Russell sarcastically calls any alone time with Beth, "Bonding with Bethany." Guess who had to spend 10 days home alone during Spring Break? Yes, it was bonding time again!

Going to the mall (I didn't think it was possible to spend that much time at 'Claires'), taking neighbor Becky to "Horton Hears a Who", and holding Becky's new sister Emily at the hospital were declared FUN - with the added bonus of this statement, "Mom, you did good at the mall. You didn't embarrass me." Wow!

Then the real fun began. Who says a 13-year-old is too old for the Easter bunny? Not her parents... The look of disbelief was priceless when Russell woke up Bethany with the exciting news that the Easter bunny had hid her eggs in the backyard. Yes, ipod in ear, she hunted. Then to her dismay, we sent her on a scavenger hunt for her Easter gift. We parents had a great time! And despite our best attempts at parental torture, Bethany has decided that she enjoys being an only child.

(Marah's spring break adventures are humorously reported on Meg's blog - as well as Kenna's 21st bday, Bethany's 13th bday, and our Christmas/CA adventures.)

1 comments:

Megan said...

Mom, you're my hero. I just wish I'd been there to see her hunt for eggs. Now I know why I find so much joy in forcing Jon to celebrate holidays--I got it from you!