March 14, 2008

BYU Track Team


Hi Guys!

So I am sure some of you have already heard but i might as well put my announcement on here. So as of about a week ago I decided that I am going to start training to walk onto the BYU track team. Dana and I are training together and motivating each other. We also have Brian and Matt giving us workouts to make us faster. :-) I just got a nice new pair of running shoes ( many thanks to the Carnahan Grandparents) and have successfully ran everday. Yay for actually committing to it! haha! As for the event that I will be trying to compete in, I was contemplating doing high jump again, but my vertical just isn't that great. So I am going to try for the 1500 meter and 1600 meter. I will have to get my mile under 5 mins if I want to even have a chance. Brian says it will be easy... haha! If I do make the team, my fall semester is going to be quite fun! Fun as in super super super busy! I will be taking 14 credit hours (which includes Chem 106 and 107 and Anatomy) since I will be on scholarship, plus I will have to get a job and also track on top... party! I never really wanted a social life anyway.... :-)

ps. I found my housing for the fall... $275 for a private room... LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Good luck! Are you going to be working? And where the heck did you find a private room for $275? The ghetto?

Brian and Kenna said...

Brian is going to try and get me a job in the smithfield house monitoring the workout rooms. He says it is a pretty easy job and you can get lots of studying done. yay for that! The place isn't that ghetto... it is nicer than where I am now. It is just like two blocks south on 700 e from where you lived in that blue apt. It is a pretty small complex and kind of hidden, we were lucky to find it.