August 23, 2008

Seth & Beth do DC

Meg blogged about this infamous trip also... Bethany and I flew home August 4th so Beth could start school on the 7th. Not realizing HOW FAR the drive and HOW AWFUL the traffic is in and go of DC, our flights went into Dulles. Jon took the day off so we could do some sightseeing on the way to the airport.

Jon spent most of his sightseeing time finding parking, Meg spent most of her's nursing a hot baby, and Beth spent most of her time telling us how hot it was and how much her feet hurt...

I hadn't been to DC since our family's 1976 USA camper tour so I was anxious to see the Vietnam, Korean and WWII memorials.
We trekked from the capitol to the Washington memorial and even onto the WWII memorial before Beth and Seth were done.

Jon took Seth under a tree and bounced him to cool him off. I enjoyed my walk through the geese by the reflection pond, while Beth and Meg took the shaded pathway.










The stairs up to the Lincoln memorial seemed insurmountable until it became a race, which I lost.







We wound our way through the Korean and Vietnam memorials and then to the White House.







Both Beth and Seth had adapted to the weather and became pleasant touring companions!







The "eths" survived their 1st DC outing!






0 comments: